Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Well last Wednesday while I was doing my water aerobics I tore a tendon in the arch area of the bottom of my foot. It was very painful. I went to the foot Dr. a few days later and he said I do not need surgery (thank God) I originally had a foot problem called plantar faciatis that I have had for over a year and last summer the Dr gave me that cortizone steroid shot that took the pain away but the pain started to come back and then SNAP in the pool while excersing. The reason why I bring up my plantar faciatis is because my Dr told me that by tearing the tendon on my own I just prevented myself from having surgery for getting rid of my plantar faciatis. because that is what they do is tear a tendon to relieve plantar faciatis. Imagine that, He put me in a fracture boot and the pain should go away in 2 weeks. He gave me some steroid anti inflammatory It is beginning to go away now but still there. So I haven't been to the gym since. I did have an appointment with the personal trainer for tomorrow and I think that I am still going to go there. They are going to see what kinds of things I can do while my foot is still healing. I have not been doing good with my eating. I will have to slap myself on the hand and get back on track.

No comments: