Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Weight Loss Journey


Ok there is no secret that I am terribly overweight and I have not done anything about it for a long time, Well I am tierd of being this way, I have become very lazy and although my doctors say that I am pretty healthy I am sure that will change soon if I don't do something about it now. I am already having some signs of diabetes, which is something that I had when I was pregnant with sheridan, There will be some times durring the day when I havent eaten in a while I will start feeling shakey from the inside out, and get very lightheaded, but after I eat something that feeling will go away right away. I am always having pains in my back and my liver is begining to have a tiny bit of problems, and I have been suffering from plantar faciatis which is kinda like a heel spur for over a year I did get a cortizone shot for it that took the pain away for about 6 months but it is coming back again in full force. I have not had any in depth checkups of diabetes but I am at great risk. I know that I am a beautiful person, but I dont want to be FAT anymore actually the technical term is Morbidly obese. I Joined the gym last week and I have been going already, doing water aerobics which is something that I love to do. This Tuesday evening I will be meeting with my personal trainer and he will be giving me all of the gorey details of my sizes, weight, and body fat. As terrifying as it is I am going to make that info public in this blog. As ridiculous as this may sound, I have decided that I will NOT be going on a diet. because with past experiences diets simply do not work. What I am going to do as far as eating is everything in moderation and cut back on sugar and sweets. I am just going to eat anything that I want but I am going to pay more attention to what I am putting into my mouth, I am going to do portion control, I am going to chew my food longer and I am going to use smaller plates, and not go back for seconds. I am going to try to eat till I am satisfied and not until I am full. and I am not going to eat after 9pm which is a reasonable time since I stay up pretty late. I am going to try that way of eating for a month and see how that works our for me, and if I need to make adjustments at that time I will. And of course I will be going to the gym and working out almost every day. I have not weighed myself lately but I know that I am very close to 300 pounds My long term goal weight is to be 145 pounds. but for now I have a goal to lose at least 100 pounds by November 8th because that is when one of my best friends is going to be getting married and I am one of her bridesmaids. and I want the photos that she will cherish forever to have 8 beautiful bridesmaids in it and not 7 and a fat girl. I am not one to be healthier for myself so she has given me motivation to start this journey. I have posted a pic of how I look now and will post progress pics as they come. I am asking for all of the support that I can get to help me with my journey. I will be posting again Tuesday evening with my gorey details of my sizes and update how I am doing.

No comments: